Motor Coach Operator
Do you have a CDL - B with a passenger endorsement? Are you passionate about customer service? Then Cardinal Transportation. LTD is looking for you.
Cardinal Transportation, LTD is seeking a Motor Coach Operator. CDL - B with passenger endorsement required. A Motor Coach Operator will be responsible for friendly, reliable and safe local transportation and/or OTR passenger movements. You will drive buses with a passenger capacity from 20 to 56 passengers.
Cardinal Transportation, LTC is the leading transportation provider in Columbus, Ohio, located just outside of downtown with easy access to The Ohio State University, Port Columbus International Airport and freeways around and out of town. The company was founded in 2000, beginning with only three vehicles. We provide chauffeur driven transportation to the professionals visiting central Ohio, concerts, business meeting and social events
- Drive vehicles over specified routes or to specified destinations according to time schedules, complying with federal traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a smooth and safe ride.
- Pick up passengers at prearranged locations.
- Follow relevant safety regulations and state laws governing vehicle operation and ensure that passengers follow safety regulations.
- Pick up or meet customers according to requests, appointments, or schedules.
- Provide passengers with assistance entering and exiting vehicles and help them with any luggage.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board safely.
- Report to garage to receive vehicle assignments
- Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Record name, date, information on trip sheets, along with trip information, such as time and place of pickup and drop-off
- Operate vehicles with specialized equipment, such as wheelchair lifts, to transport and secure passengers with special needs.
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
- Maintain cleanliness of bus or motor coach.
- Provide passengers with information about the local area and points of interest or give advice on hotels and restaurants.
- Check vehicle equipment, such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
- Handle passenger emergencies or disruptions.
- Perform duties for customers or employers, such as delivering or picking up mail and packages.
- Notify dispatchers of vehicle problems.
- Other support duties as required to support operations
- Park vehicles at loading areas so that passengers can board.
- Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
- Provide transportation information to passengers or customers.
- Must be 25 years of age
- 2 years motor coach driving experience required
- 2 years in customer service related work
- CDL – B with passenger endorsement
- Able to read map and/or use GPS system
- Ability to do light paperwork related to trips
- Good driving record
- Pass a Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
3 years customer service experience
- Experience using apps for business
- Familiarity with central Ohio region